Our organization is involved in numerous conservation projects and programs
- Community Forestry such as the GolaMa Project
- Establish Community Forest Management Agreements (CFMAs) and financial sustainability business plans
advocacy & education
- Advocacy for the establishment of a network of protected areas
- Education of young people about environmental issues, with an emphasis on birds.
protection of wildlife
- Implementation of alternative livelihoods projects around protected areas and those proposed for protection. E.g. the Green Livelihood Alliance Project
- Ensure forest communities are benefiting from new, sustainable, alternative income generating activities under CFMAs while contributing to forest protection
- Reduce bushmeat hunting/trading of protected species in the project area
- Establishment of data bases for species, habitats and threats at Important Bird Areas (IBAs).
artisanal mining regulations
- Establish self-regulated sustainable artisanal mining practices
carbon trading promotion
- Determine the potential of carbon trading to provide sustained finance